Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ella

I am empty?
I am empty.
I am empty not in the sense of nothingness, but rather I am empty in the sense of everything. My being connects to that of everything, every atom that surrounds me constantly. I am everywhere, yet I am nowhere. I should never question who I am. Instead I should just be. Don’t think of where I am. Don’t think of where I am going. Don’t think of what I have done, or where I have gone. Think thoughts constantly. Think and think until my mind is blank. Think thoughts of prayer wheels, and of old weathered Ladakhi faces. Think of yaks, and of the Himalayas reaching far into the sky. Think until I can think no more. Think until I am empty of thoughts rushing through my head.
Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness.
I do not feel empty.
I feel full.
Maybe, I am full of emptiness.

4 comments:

Dogface said...

My god, Ella! You have become an actual guru, the heaviest-duty guru in our family and even of our acquaintance. Such words of ancient wisdom, such transcendence, such beauty. We will follow you anywhere. Plus are a great writer.
With all our love and admiration,
Bobbo and Grandma Mary

Anonymous said...

you take my breath away.
you amazing writer you
i can't wait for you to spill all your stories on us
love you
sofia pia

Lee Penniman said...

Ella,
You are such a wonderful young lady who will grow so much from her experience in Ladakh. I look forward to reading more about your journey.
Lee

judy boucher said...

Amazing, Ella, you are so very well connected there with the daily way of life and the people, now your friends. The treks, home visits, the animal presence, the music, growing, cooking, eating, just living so attuned to the land--it will be hard to leave all this. We will be glad to have you back here to learn from all your experiences. Thank you and all your friends and teachers for their wonderful writings and videos. We thrive on them. Blue misses you. We all do.